High-performance sustainable fire extinguishing agents
After 10 years of research and innovation, Incendin launches its high-performance and sustainable FFX® technology, offering a full range of fluorine-free liquid extinguishing agents for use in portable extinguishers.
Developed by FFX®
Fluorine-free additives for portable fire extinguishers
The old way
For many years, class B fires were fought using foams that contained chemicals from the PFAS family, which stands for per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances. Regrettably, the use of these PFAS chemicals has raised well documented environmental and health issues, making their future uncertain.
The new revolution
Fulfilling a vision for a safer and greener environment, FFX® is a range of sustainable and top-performing firefighting agents. Tested across many types and brands of portable fire extinguishers, FFX® has shown more than a match for AFFF technology.
Incendin takes the lead in fighting and preventing fire in the most efficient and ecological way. Protecting people, property and the planet, FFX® is a fluorine-free fire extinguishing agent that is PFAS-free.
Incendin reaches breakthrough in sustainable technology for fire safety
June 1, 2021
New formulation of fluorine-free additives for portable fire extinguishers warrants lifesaving performance, without the environmental cost Tisselt, Belgium, 1 June 2021 – As governments around the world continue to ban the use of firefighting foams containing fluorine, Incendin,...Read more
Whitepaper – the future-proof fluorine-free water additive for the portable extinguisher market
June 1, 2021
Discover the twin technologies behind the FFX® solution AFFFs – a safety product with long-term repercussions Aqueous Film Forming Foam (AFFF) has been used in firefighting for more than 50 years, as it rapidly extinguishes hydrocarbon fuel...Read more
FFX® breakthrough technology combines fluorine-free, biodegradable and sustainable fire extinguishing agents with high performance ratings.
- Flexible fire-rating formulations based on market and customer demand
- A “drop-in” solution, no change required
- Outstanding surface contact with fuel for class B fires
- High heat resistance and high foaming
- Maximised use of bio-based ingredients of vegetal origin
- Readily biodegradable
- Compatible with permanent and auxiliary pressure extinguishers
- 6-year shelf life
Premix & concentrate
Discover our product line
- FFX® 150 – Best rating achieved: 27A & 144B with a 6-litre fire extinguisher
- FFX® 200 – Best rating achieved: 21A & 183B with a 6-litre fire extinguisher
- FFX® Compact: 1,5 – 2,5%*
- FFX® Booster: 20 – 40%*
* Complete range of ratings achievable
- Officially certified proven and repeated market-leading performance
- 100% fluorine-free (no PFAS)
- Highly effective firefighting performance
- Customisable to market needs
- Maximising the use of bio-based raw materials
- No silicones
- State of the art and futureproof fluorine-free solution
- Compatible with SDG & ESG goals
- No harm to human & animal health, or the environment
- Natural & renewable with low environmental impact
- Breaks down into non-toxic components
Meet Incendin, the team behind FFX®
The FFX® product line from Incendin is the culmination of work by R&D teams from three leading companies, Orchidee, Rühl and Uniteq, each with extensive expertise in the development and production of firefighting agents.